***You MUST have an E-mail address to order this product.
This Home-Study Course is available as a PDF digital download at a reduced rate! ***The digital download is not instantaneous. Your Order will be processed and then submitted to the manufacturer where they in turn will email you information for access. (This will occur within 1-2 business days.)
To purchase the digital version, simply select it from Accessory menu below to add the product to your shopping cart. Our digital products allow you access to our online student learning center, where you will access your course materials, including your streaming DVDs, forms, manuals, and course exam. Click HERE to see a list of the required software to take our digital courses. It's all FREE!
Before you purchase our digital course, you can download a SAMPLE manual. The sample manual contains only the first several pages. The table of contents is included, so you can get a feel for the material covered in this course. You will need the FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader software to view our sample manual. You can download the software here.
Don't need continuing education credits? If you do not wish to receive NSBTMB continuing education credits, you can choose the "no credit" version at a reduced rate! Simply select this version from the "Choose Format" pull-down menu before adding the product to your shopping cart.
For the PFD Digital Course:
Once you place your order, and it is processed.The Manufacuturer will send you an email with a username, password and directions on where to find the online "Student Central" website. At this site, you can take the multiple choice open-book exam online with instant results, submit your essays, watch the streaming videos (as often as you want), download and upload your enrollee, practicum and evaluation forms, print your transcripts and receive your certificates. Easy. There is nothing you need to snailmail. All our courses are now totally electronic (online) so we can save the trees, gas, postage and lighten our "footprint". It's very easy to navigate, even for technophobes!
For the HARD COPY VERSION:
We will send you the hard copy of the 200 page illustrated Sacred Stone Tandem Abhyanga Bodywork Manual and the one DVD in the mail. Please choose the hard copy version of this course which found in the accessory section at the bottom of this webpage. All homestudy students are asked to the exam online. (reason for email requirement) Those who don't want to take the exam online can request a special hard copy version of the exam and course paper work be sent in the US mail for a $25 processing fee
The Hard Copy of this Course ships with the following Sacred Stone Products: Tandem Abhyanga Massage Therapy (Mirror Massage) DVD and 75 page illustrated Manual.
- Easy Guide to complete the course.
- Enrollee form.
- One instructional DVD's (approximately 1 hour each).
- Open book examination (176 questions) and answer sheet. (75% or higher to pass)
- Course evaluation form.
- Five practicum forms.
- Transcript and certificate.
- A location to submit the answers to your essay questions.
- Unlimited tutorial assistance via email or phone.
- Students have one year to complete this course, but most students can do this in one month or less if they focus on it. We always allow extensions for extenuating circumstances.
- Two paragraphs on how you can improve as a therapist and what steps to take towards it.
- Two paragraphs on how this knowledge will help your practice.
- Two paragraph summary of your favorite parts of this course and why.
- 5 practice sessions signed by your clients on the practicum forms we send you.
- Passing grade on the multiple choice exam
What Is Mirror Massage?
Mirror massage is another name for the infamous four-handed massage, or tandem massage. This is a form of bodywork that incorporates two therapists working on one client. It has its roots in India, more than 10,000 years ago. This technique, which involves two therapists, was traditionally done as an ayurvedic treatment during pancha karma. Pancha karma is ancient India’s form of internal and external purification of body, mind and soul. It was and still is, typically prescribed by an ayurvedic doctor and performed under the close supervision of an ayurvedic doctor.
There is a consistency in the sequence of movements with each body part. All movements go in the direction of Apana Vayu, the downward flow in the body. Below is an example of our sequence.
- Start with the sacred sounds of "Hari Aum", silently or aloud.
- Both therapists anoint the skin with warm oil.
- "Gliding Compression" towards the hands or feet.
- "Wringing and Squeezing"" of the tissue towards the hands or feet.
- "Prayer Hands" as we glide our elbows over the muscles.
- Activate the marma points.
Mirror massage includes marma point therapy, copious amounts of pure, warm oil, passive yoga, mudras, breath technique, mantra, the downward flow (apana vayu), hands, elbows and knees, intention, and sound healing.
The manual has many detailed pictures and is very easy to understand. Upon receipt of your answer sheet with a score of 75% or higher, signed practicum (10 people), and course evaluation, you will be awarded your CEU’s from the NCBTMB and sent a professional wall certificate. Students are given 6 months (from the date the home study package is sent in the mail) to complete their course.
Here are some examples of test questions:
90. The Crawl technique helps:
a. Balance the right and left hemispheres of the brain
b. Ground the client
c. Neutralize alkalinity in the tissue
d. Detoxify the liver
91. Light massage towards the feet behind the knee helps (with the ankle slightly elevated):
a. Compress the popliteal
b. Lymphatic flushing
c. Restores cartilage
d. Over-stretched ligaments
92. The “Four Hands” technique does not include:
a. Deep pressure
b. Gyana Mudra
c. Soft rocking movements
d. Holding hands
e. All of the above
93. When we bow and silently say “Namaste”, we are thanking:
a. The client
b. The other therapist
c. The Creator
d. All of the above
94. Sunflower oil is good for:
d. All of the above90. The Crawl technique helps: