Accepted by NCBTMA, ABMP and AMTA.
click to enlarge
The 20 CE hour Sports Massage home study course is a theory only course, which means that it is a principle/cognitive course only. This course will introduce you to the theories and principles of pre-, inter- and post- event sports massage. It will define what sports massage is, physiological principles that govern sports massage and will explain different injuries suffered by athletes. This course will also provide information on sports psychology, stretching, diet and contraindications. It is a great introductory course for any massage therapist looking to further their knowledge in sports massage!
This Course Will Present:
• 3 types of sports massage (pre-event, inter-event and post-event)
and how they apply to different athletes
• Definition of and venues for performing sports massage
• Common injuries suffered by athletes and the injury process
• Contraindications to sports massage
• How common techniques you already know, such as effleurage, friction and petrissage, can be used
to perform sports massage
You Will Receive:
Sports Massage DVD with Molly Verschingel, guide with instructions, exam of 124 questions, course evaluation, certificate of achievement upon completion and unlimited phone support for any of your questions.
1. Course materials mailed to you. Exam is completed online.
2. Course materials mailed to you. Exam is completed on paper.
Cost includes all materials needed.