Accepted by NCBTMA, ABMP and AMTA.
click to enlarge
The 15 CE credit hour deep tissue massage home study course is a combined principle and technique course. It is an intermediate course that is open to all licensed massage therapists. This course will teach valuable deep tissue massage techniques. The visual guides throughout the text are state-of-the-art.
You will receive a text book, course guide, exam and course evaluation form. You then complete the exam and mail the answer sheet and course evaluation back to us for grading. All course work is completed at your own pace through home study learning. This course is Florida, Nebraska, NCBTMB and AMTA approved for 15 continuing education hours.
Expect to learn:
- Review of anatomy of the muscular system
- Full body deep tissue massage routine
- Contra-indications to deep tissue massage
- Proper client positioning and body mechanics to use while performing deep tissue massage
- Proper use of the thumbs, hands and arms during deep tissue bodywork
- Stretches to use on clients
- Textbook – Deep Tissue Massage: A Visual Guide to Techniques by Art Riggs
- Exam, guide and course evaluation
- Envelope to return materials
- Step by step practice exercises
- Muscle completion charts
You Will Receive:
Deep Tissue Massage textbook, by Art Riggs, guide with instructions, more than one hour of online video clips, exam of 86 questions, course evaluation, certificate of achievement upon completion, and unlimited phone support for any of your questions.
1. Course materials mailed to you. Exam is completed online.
2. Course materials mailed to you. Exam is completed on paper.