This Home-Study Course is available as a PDF digital download at a reduced rate! To purchase the digital version, simply select it on the bottom of this web page.. Our digital products allow you access to our online student learning center, where you will access your course materials, including your streaming DVDs, forms, manuals, and course exam. Click HERE to see a list of the required software to take our digital courses. It's all FREE!
Before you purchase our digital course, you can download a SAMPLE manual. The sample manual contains only the first several pages. The table of contents is included, so you can get a feel for the material covered in this course. You will need the FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader software to view our sample manual. You can download the software here.
Don't need continuing education credits? If you do not wish to receive NSBTMB continuing education credits, you can choose the "no credit" version at a reduced rate! Simply select this version from the "Choose Format" pull-down menu before adding the product to your shopping cart.
For the DIGITAL Online Course:
Once your order is processed and the manufacturer receives it, you will be sent an email with a user-name, password and directions for accessing our online "Student Central" website.
***This is not instantaneous. (It will take 1-2 business days)
At the site, you can take the multiple choice open-book exam online with instant results, submit your essays, watch the streaming videos (as often as you want), download and upload your enrollee, practicum and evaluation forms, print your transcripts and receive your certificates. Easy. There is nothing you need to snail-mail. All our courses are now totally electronic (online) so we can save the trees, gas, postage and lighten our "footprint". It's very easy to navigate, even for technophobes!
For The HARD COPY Course:
We will send you the hard copy of the 200 page illustrated Sacred Stone Ayurveda for Massage Therapists 101 Manual and the three DVDs in the mail. All homestudy students are asked to the exam online.(Reason for e-mail address) Those who don't want to take the exam online can request a special hard copy version of the exam and course paper work be sent in the US mail for a $25 processing fee.
The Hard Copy course ships with the following Sacred Stone Products: Tandem Abhyanga Massage Therapy DVD, Sacred Stone Therapy: Concepts & Theory DVD, Swedhana-Garshana-Detox-Ayurvedic Treatment DVD (streaming only), and a Shirodhara Therapy DVD. (Digital products receive QuickTime® versions of the same titles for web viewing)
- Easy Guide to complete the course.
- Enrollee form.
- Three Instructional DVD's & 1 streaming DVD (approximately 1 hour each).
- Open book examination (200 questions) and answer sheet. (75% or higher to pass)
- Course evaluation form.
- Five practicum forms.
- Transcript and certificate.
- A location to submit the answers to your essay questions.
- Unlimited tutorial assistance via email or phone.
- Students have one year to complete this course, but most students can do this in one month or less if they focus on it. We always allow extensions for extenuating circumstances.
- Two paragraphs on how you can improve as a therapist and what steps to take towards it.
- Two paragraphs on how this knowledge will help your practice.
- Two paragraph summary of your favorite parts of this course and why.
- 5 practice sessions signed by your clients on the practicum forms we send you. Five practicum are required using any or all modalities in the manual.
- Passing grade on the multiple choice exam.
What is Ayurveda?
It is the science of long life; of daily living; of digestion. Ayur: “life” Veda: “knowledge”. Based on Samkhaya’s philosophy, Ayurveda is ancient mystical, biological, spiritual, medical sciences that can help individuals make wise, conscious choices about daily living and staying healthy. It is a comprehensive medical system that includes, yoga, diet, bodywork, psychology, surgery, herbs, gynecology, pediatrics, astrology and much more. The sacred knowledge of Ayurveda has been handed down from the guru (teacher) to the student for thousands of years.
Being in the physical presence of an Ayurvedic Master is very important and an integral part of the Ayurvedic tradition. Reading about Ayurveda is one way of exposing yourself to the science, but the highest, most powerful platform for learning will effortlessly unfold in the presence of a qualified Ayurvedic Doctor or Vaidya. This knowledge has been passed down from generation to generation in India. It is part of the tradition. Written knowledge, as opposed verbal knowledge or knowledge transmitted through consciousness is not the authentic, pure way of sharing this sacred information to the world, but it is a good start.
Take this course with that in mind. Reading the material in the manual will stimulate you, introduce you to this sacred science and hopefully inspire you to find a Master to further your studies. Ayurveda is the science of life and is imprinted within our very DNA and in our askashic records. This course will serve as a portal to bring this information into your consciousness. The diploma you receive by passing this home-study course with a grade of 75% or higher through the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork signifies that you have your diploma Ayurvedic Bodywork. To qualify as a certified Ayurvedic practitioner, you must follow the protocols of the National Ayurvedic Medical Association.
- Implement the many modalities that Ayurveda uses to maintain health and homeostasis within the body, mind and soul.
- Identify the three doshas (biological principles).
- Use breathing techniques to balance the body, mind and soul.
- Identify the five great elements as they relate to the three biological principles (doshas).
- Determine a client’s Ayurvedic imbalance (vikruti & prakruti) and know what type of bodywork to apply to restore health.
- Learn about the five directional flows (vayus) within the body.
- Recognize the principle of Terminal Clearance within the body.
- Describe the appropriate diet and lifestyle for your client’s doshic imbalance.
- Explain eight types of Ayurvedic massage.
- Define the ancient art of Marma Therapy.
- Use appropriate oils on clients and explain the benefits of oil massage (abhyanga).
- Understand the chakra system.
- Recommend Ayurvedic protocols for clients.
- Recognize imbalances in the Five Great Elements that exist within their clients.
- Learn step by step ayurvedic techniques to incorporate into your massage practice.
How will learning the ancient science of Ayurveda help my clients in this modern day and age? Ayurveda will give you the insight and tools to understand your unique constitution and how and why you function. Knowing yourself is one of the paths toward radiant health, bliss and liberation from the illusion of this physical world. Ayurveda will help you heal yourself. Only until you heal yourself can you heal others. Therapy is only as good as the therapist. Ayurveda will teach you how to recognize certain qualities within you and your clients. These qualities will determine how you speak and relate with them and how to help them heal themselves. Even the smallest Ayurvedic suggestions will help. You will be empowered with knowledge such that you will be able to suggest specific lifestyle and nutritional advice. You will recognize which of the five great elements are out of balance and use practical protocols on your massage table to assist them in the recovery process.
The manual has many detailed pictures and is very easy to understand. Karyn makes Ayurveda very practical and comprehensive, without overwhelming students with too much Sanskrit terminology.
Here are some examples of test questions:
18. What best defines Vata?
a. What sticks
b. What blows
c. What lives
19. Which dosha is defined as “What sticks”?
20. Which of the following is not a method to determine your Ayurvedic constitution and imbalance?
b. Client questionnaire
c. Measuring the DNA
21. Which dosha consists of fire and water?