You MUST have an e-mail address to purchase the DIGITAL VERSION of this product.
SHOP OUR SHIRODHARA EQUIPMENT TO ADD TO YOUR COURSE(S)
For DIGITAL Online Version:
This Home-Study Course is available as a PDF digital download at a reduced rate! ***The digital download is not instantaneous. Your Order will be processed and then submitted to the manufacturer where they in turn will email you information for access. (This will occur within 1-2 business days.)
The digital products allow you access to an online student learning center, where you will access your course materials, including your streaming DVDs, forms, manuals, and course exam.
The following software is required for the course. You are able to download this software for free by clicking the appropriate software for your computer.
Adobe Acrobat Reader
To view our PDF digital manuals, you will need PDF reader software. The software is FREE to download. Click here to visit the Adobe website and download the software.
Apple QuickTime Player
To view our streaming videos, you will need the Apple QuickTime movie player and web plugin. The software is FREE to download. Click here to visit the Apple website and download the software.
All of our digital files are compressed using the ZIP file format. All modern operating systems (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac OS) can automatically "unzip" these files. You can download a FREE unzipping utilty here.
Once you place your order, you will be sent an email with a user-name, password and directions how where to find our online "Student Central" website. At this site, you can take the multiple choice open-book exam online with instant results, submit your essays, watch the streaming videos (as often as you want), find find enrollee, practicum and evaluation forms, print your transcripts and receive your certificates. Easy. There is nothing you need to snailmail. All our courses are now totally electronic (online) so we can save the trees, gas, postage and lighten our "footprint". It's very easy to navigate, even for technophobes! Remember this is not instantaneous.
For HARD COPY Version:
We will send you the hard copy of the 97 page illustrated Sacred Stone Shirodhara Manual and the one DVD in the mail when you choose to purchase the hard copy version of this course. You can choose the version at the bottom of this webpage. All homestudy students are asked to the exam online. (Reason for e-mail address) Those who don't want to take the exam online can request a special hard copy version of the exam and course paper work be sent in the US mail for a $25 processing fee.
- Easy Guide to complete the course.
- Enrollee form.
- One instructional DVD (approximately 1 hour each).
- Open book examination (120 questions) and answer sheet. (75% or higher to pass)
- Course evaluation form.
- Five practicum forms.
- Transcript and certificate.
- A location to submit the answers to your essay questions.
- Unlimited tutorial assistance via email or phone.
- Students have one year to complete this course, but most students can do this in one month or less if they focus on it. We always allow extensions for extenuating circumstances.
What Is Shirodhara?
Shirodhara means "the flowing of oil like a thread (dhara) on the head (shiro)". This treatment allows warm oil to flow in a steady stream on the third eye (6th chakra) located on the forehead and over the top of the head (crown chakra). Shirodhara rejuvenates both the mind and the senses, which allows the body's natural healing mechanisms to release stress from the nervous system and improve mental clarity and comprehension. Shirodhara is a profound mind-melting, sacred treatment using medicinal ayurvedic oils, sometimes followed or preceded by massage. The type of shirodhara therapy taught in this book is suitable as a stand alone service, or combined with other treatments such as body wraps, salt glows, massage, dry brushing or steam therapy. Usually given for twenty minutes, three to four times during a seven-day treatment period, shirodhara uses oils, butters and milks made with special herbs that calm and nourish the nervous system. The technician administers the liquid in a thin stream which flows from a copper vessel hung approximately 6-8 inches above the patient's forehead. This therapy takes about one hour. The actual flow of oil takes between 20-40 minutes. The therapist can charge between $108-$150 per session.
After completing this course in Shirodhara Therapy, the student should be able to:
- Implement the many modalities that Ayurveda uses to maintain health and homeostasis within the body, mind and soul.
- Perform an effective, powerful shirodhara treatment.
- Identify the three doshas (biological principles).
- Use breathing techniques to balance the body, mind and soul.
- Identify the five great elements as they relate to the three biological principles (doshas).
- Describe the appropriate diet and lifestyle for your client’s doshic imbalance.
- Recommend Ayurvedic protocols for clients.
- Recognize imbalances in the Five Great Elements that exist within their clients.
Benefits Of Shirodhara
- Eliminates diseases of head and disorders affecting neck, eyes, ears, nose and nervous system.
- Helps overcome stress and its ill effects on nervous system
- Helps relieve insomnia, fatigue, tension, anxiety, anger, chronic headaches, rheumatism, hypertension, asthma, hair problems and stress
- Gives great mental relaxation
- Invigorates the body and mind and stimulate cognitive memories.
- Disperses negative electrical impulses that accumulate at the skull and hairline from stress.
- Renews the sweetness of life.
- Rejuvenates the entire face and softens worry lines.
- Opens the third eye.
- Heightens the senses.
- Increases intuition.
- Activates the pituitary gland.
- Increases spiritual awareness.
- Regulates mood and depression disorders.
- Activates the memory & stimulates the 6 & 7th charka which regulates our breathing patterns.
Karyn makes shirodhara very practical and comprehensive, without overwhelming students with too much Sanskrit terminology. The DVD and manual are very comprehensive and simple to follow, although the equipment being used in the DVD is different from our equipment now. After you pass this course, you will be awarded your CE hours from the NCBTMB (transcripts) and a professional, beautiful wall certificate.