click to enlarge
Important Note: Please provide your email address when checking out and completing your order. This email address is where all pertinent sign-up procedure information will be sent. If you would like the information sent to an alternate email address, please note that in the comments section when checking out and completing your order.
Approved by NCBTMB, FL Board of Massage, College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (Canada) and accepted by AMTA, ABMP and other state and national boards.
The physically demanding work massage therapists and body workers do puts them at risk for musculoskeletal injury. But there is a great deal you can do to avoid symptoms and injury. This 10 CEU course gives massage therapists an affordable, convenient way to learn the proven injury prevention and ergonomics strategies, real-life suggestions and practical tips they need to protect their health and prolong their careers. Whether you are just starting out as a therapist or already an experienced practitioner, this course will help you save not only your hands, but also your back, neck, shoulders and emotional well-being throughout a long, healthy career.
This course shows you how to:
- Design your treatment space so you can work safely and efficiently
- Find alternative techniques to protect vulnerable parts of your body
- Improve your body mechanics to reduce stress and increase comfort as you work
- Stay in shape with a comprehensive physical conditioning program developed specifically for massage therapists
- Recognize and effectively treat early symptoms before they lead to injury
- Use the principles of ergonomics to more effectively treat your clients, adding value to your practice.
You will receive:
- Save Your Hands! 2nd Edition textbook by Lauriann Greene, CEAS and Richard W. Goggins, CPE, LMP
- Access to online Study Guide/Instructions and 99-question Quiz
- Downloadable Certificate of Achievement upon completion
- Full support for your questions
"Completing this course made me analyze my work environment, ergonomics and my level of self-care. It enabled me to make changes that I know will help prolong my career significantly. Every therapist, experienced or new, will benefit from the vital information in this course." -- Rosemary Chunco, LMT, MTI, Plano, TX
Please Note: This online class comes WITH the textbook, however, if you already own the Save Your Hands! 2nd Edition textbook, you can purchase the Course WITHOUT textbook here. You MUST have a copy of the Save Your Hands! 2nd Edition book to be able to complete the course. If you want to purchase the book WITHOUT taking the course, it can also be purchased separately here. Save Your Hands! 1st edition is not appropriate for this course.