Smooth, heat retaining stones
click to enlarge
Used either hot or cold, large oblong, smooth basalt stones are perfect for working trigger points, and for deep tissue and compression massage. Since this stone is long and thin, it makes it a good stone to work on the arms as well as for specific work on the neck. They provide a little more mass than the small working stones but are still easy to manipulate and use. They can be used for direct pressure or to protect the therapist's hands.
Hot stone massage is not only relaxing, but also has many healing properties. The use of hot stones allows a therapist to give a deep, penetrating massage without putting excessive stress on his or her own body. Additionally, the stones will heat the skin, open the pores and prepare the skin to better absorb massage oils. As a result, they increase the benefits any given oil will provide. The use of massage stones also provides a way to increase circulation in and around the area being massaged. Increased blood flow helps clear out toxins and assist in healing an injured or strained area. Basalt is the ideal material for hot stone massage. These stones are made with volcanic rock, which has high silica and iron content that allow them to hold heat longer than most stones.
Available individually or save by purchasing a pack of 6 or 12.
- Can be used hold or cold to provide different benefits
- Good for work on trigger points, compression and deep tissue work
- Non-porous, smooth, high heat retaining
- Helps improve blood flow and relaxes muscles
- Provides a deep, penetrating massage without putting excessive stress on the body
- Opens the pores to better absorb massage oils
- Product Dimensions: 3 x 1 x 0.5 inches