General Safety Considerations for Scent Oil Use
- Keep scent oils out of reach of children. Do not leave a bottle where a child could take off the cap and consume contents.
- Do not use directly on or near the eyes; ensure caution. Most scent oils will sting the eyes; if accidents happen, flush with clean warm water; if stinging is not alleviated, seek medical assistance.
- Do not apply scent oil onto the skin. To remove scent oil spills on hands, use cream or vegetable oil to dilute, apply soap, wash with warm water; may need to be repeated.
When working daily with scent oils, follow these precautions:
- Ensure adequate ventilation
- Avoid transferring oils to sensitive areas (nose, face, neck)