Learn the art of pediatric massage in this 10 CE hour course! The Pediatric Massage home study course will introduce you to the principles and practice of performing massage therapy on children from the ages of 2-18. This course will discuss the stages of childhood, from infancy to teenager, and will outline benefits, indications and contraindications of pediatric massage. It will also outline basic massage techniques for performing a general pediatric massage as well as pediatric massage for children with disabilities and common discomforts. This course is a great addition to any massage therapist's list of services!
You Will be Presented With Information on:
· Stages of childhood, from infancy to teenager
· Benefits and contraindications to pediatric massage
· Treating children with disabilities and common discomforts, such as autism and growing pains
· Massage techniques useful for treating children, such as Swedish massage
· Hydrotherapy techniques that can be used in conjunction with pediatric massage
· When to refer or work with a child’s physician before performing pediatric massage
All files for this course are now available for download! You can choose the "Download your course instantly and test online." option below to complete the entire 10 CE hour Pediatric Massage course online.
You Will Receive:
Pediatric Massage Therapy textbook by Marybetts Sinclair, guide with instructions, exam of 80 questions, course evaluation, certificate of achievement upon completion and unlimited phone support for any of your questions.
Please check our State/Organization Approvals page before purchasing to be sure this course is accepted by your state board. All courses are accepted by the NCBTMB, AMTA, and ABMP.
1. Course materials mailed to you. Exam is completed online.
2. Course materials mailed to you. Exam is completed on paper.
3. Download your course instantly and test online.